Sunday, December 12, 2010

Flat Classroom Project

So I just finished up judging my videos and can say that some of these students really used a lot of creativity when developing their videos. It was great to see such great end results, especially since I was having a lot of frustration and problems when it came to communicating with the students that i was an expert advisor for. There were of course those videos that you could tell were just thrown together, btu then there were those videos that you could tell the students really put a lot of effort forward to develop.

Overall being an expert advisor and judge has shown me that students can collaborate with others from around the world if they use their tools effectively. The way that the directors developed the project really were beneficial. Wikis are great because they can edited by multiple people. Also, people don't have to be on at the same time in order to do such things on them. I also really like the nings, because they are unique and can be used to teach each other about themselves as well as communicate other items. Some of the students used them to show their videos. The one thing about doing this on the ning that I saw as a problem was when a student I was judging had his privacy setting to high for me to get in and judge his video. He really could have had an awesome video, but I never got the opportunity to view this. Although having your privacy setting high can be a very good thing, when it came to this it hindered him. All his time and effort he may have put into this video went down the drain. Also, my e-mail attempts as well as Julie Lindsay and Suzie Nestico never received any replies.

In the end, I believe that this project is the future. Outsourcing is becoming more and more common these days and therefore what could be more beneficial than for students to work with others from around the world. It is great to see such a project developed and I am looking forward to the future of education.

No comments:

Post a Comment